Black Bean Southwest Pizza
This delicious layered Black Bean Southwest Pizza is made with our Black Bean Soup and created by Chef Tracy On.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PIZZAS (3-4 SERVINGS)
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup
- 8 corn tortillas (or prepared tostadas)
- ½ cup canola oil, or neutral high heat oil if frying
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as cheddar, monterey jack, or pepper jack, divided
- ⅔ cup prepared salsa, divided
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco (optional)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Once oil is heated, fry tortillas one at a time, approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and slightly bubbly. Season with salt when warm.
- In a small pot, cook 1 package of Provisions Black Bean Soup as directed, however with only 1.5 cups of water.
- To assemble, divide the black bean soup and spread onto 4 of the tostadas or fried tortillas. Drizzle half of the salsa onto the beans. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese onto the bean and salsa layer. Place the remaining tostadas on top. Cover with remaining cheese and salsa.
- Bake the assembled pizzas on a baking sheet until cheese is melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, green onions, chopped cilantro and diced avocado. If desired, add crumbled queso fresco.