Banana Nut Breakfast Grains Muffins
Warm up your morning with these hearty banana muffins.
INGREDIENTS FOR 24 MUFFINS
- 1 package Creamy Banana Breakfast Grains
- 1-¼ cup milk of choice (recommendation: almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 cup flour of choice (recommend: all-purpose, whole wheat, or gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nuts of choice, chopped (optional)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease 2 muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, mash banana with a fork until mushy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine breakfast grains, milk and vanilla extract. Let the mixture soak for 15 minutes. Add the eggs, oil and mashed banana. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts and mashed banana with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.