Provisions Black Bean Burger
For a tasty twist on our Black Bean Soup, serve these flavorful Black Bean Burgers created by Tracy On, Chef and Cafe Manager at Patagonia headquarters.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 BURGERS
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup, cooked with 1⁄2 the amount of water (1 cup)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), finely chopped or pulsed in food processor to fine pieces (similar size as bread crumbs)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, washed and sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp lemon juice
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Cook the Patagonia Provisions Black Bean Soup with half the amount of water (1 cup) and cool. (You should have a very thick bean paste.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly with cooled bean paste.
- Divide mixture into four patties.
- In a hot sauté pan, add oil (approximately 2 tbsp) and sear patties until crispy and heated throughout.
- Serve on a bun, or try using a fresh lettuce wrap.
- Top with avocado, sprouts, or your favorites!