Easy Wild Salmon-Chanterelle Pizza
The mild ingredients bring the subtle flavor of chanterelles to the forefront of this pizza, and the smoked salmon provides savory highlights in a recipe from Closer to the Ground author Dylan Tomine.
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE LARGE PIZZA
- 1 pound pizza dough
- Flour for rolling dough
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 red onion
- ½ pound chanterelles
- 1 six-ounce package Patagonia Provisions Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp minced garlic
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Pre-heat oven and a ceramic pizza stone to 500 degrees.
- Roll, stretch and toss the dough into a thin, round shape, using plenty of flour to keep it from sticking.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper on top of a large cutting board.
- Grate mozzarella and parmesan, reserve.
- Slice red onion crosswise to create very thin rings.
- Tear or slice chanterelles lengthwise into thin pieces.
- In a medium frying pan, melt butter and add garlic, then quickly sauté chanterelles in the pan over medium-high heat until almost cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread mozzarella, then the sautéed chanterelles, and small pieces of the smoked salmon, evenly on the dough. Place a few thin rings of red onion sparingly on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Place in oven on hot pizza stone and bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 12 to 15 minutes.